14 years of custom app development.
I design and build Ruby on Rails apps that support and refine the personality of your business. I treat your business just like I do my own, by first identifying your goals and challenges, and then selecting the best and most cost-effective technology for the job. As a result, I enjoy long relationships with my clients and work with a variety of industries.
As a business owner, I've been a self-motivated, creative thinker from my first "business" selling stickers to my kid sister at the age of seven. Sticker success led to my first real business: a labeling system I marketed at the ripe old age of 15. The future was mine! Eventually, I graduated with an MBA in marketing from the University of Denver and moved as quickly as possible to the San Francisco bay area.
With experience building just about every type of app, I can work with you to develop the right workflow for a new app, build an app you've already had designed, or provide expert advice on how to tune up an existing app.
My speciality is integrating apps with third-party services such as Stripe, Quickbooks, Shopify, etc. and building responsive front end layouts for apps.
Some of the tools I use are:
- Sketchboard.io for wireframing.
- Sketch for user interfaces, icons and graphic elements.
- Atom for coding and testing your app, and most likely Postgres or MySQL to store data.
- GitHub for version control.
- Bundler and webpacker for package/dependency management.
- Slack for working remotely.
- Redis and Sidekiq for queuing.
- Minitest for automated testing and TDD on your app.
- REST APIs for your app or integration with other services. Or...an API that I design/build specifically for your project.
I'd love to work with you on your next project, so contact me and let's discuss how working with a San Francisco-based, experienced and highly reliable Rails contractor/consultant can save you time and money.